Monday, September 15, 2008


Happy Birthday Malaysia!




Without this day, I will not be a Malaysian, but just a Sarawakian, or some other nationality. This is a significant day not just for me, but for EVERY MALAYSIAN, because this is the day that Malaysia was created.


I also want to wish Karen Lim and Esther Wong a very happy and blessed birthday! Karen will be my future sister-in-law, and Esther will still be, well, my friend... LOL


Without this day as well, they wouldn't even be alive. Thanks to two couples who decided to "dulit" this fateful day :P


It's sad that the current government, and the past decided not to declare this day a national holiday. Probably for them, Sarawak and Sabah are insignificant. Just like how they only re-distribute only 5% of the petroleum profits back to these two states. And how they never elect a Sarawakian and/or Sabahan Minister in-charge of an important Ministry in the Cabinet. And I really wonder and so bloody disappointed at why Sarawakians and Sabahans contributed significantly to the slim victory of the BN government at the March 8 Elections. Almost a clean sweep in both states, and without them, BN would have lost easily. I repeat, EASILY. WHY??? Don't look at me... I never voted for them.


I hope that, within these few days, the MPs from both Sarawak and Sabah will strongly think of the future of their own rakyat. Think about what the BN government had done for Sarawak and Sabah for the past 50 over years. Think about how much of the states' money had gone into the pockets of the BN government. Let's not be ignorant any longer.


Change for a better tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home